DS Penske is looking for a Vehicle Performance Engineer.
An exciting opportunity to join one of the leading Formula E teams:
Working in a fast-paced environment, this exciting role will suit a highly motivated engineer with a strong vehicle dynamics background and an interest in tuning advanced control systems to help improve car performance and deliver race victories.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Use a wide range of vehicle dynamics tools, offline and driver in the loop simulation, to further the race car dynamics and powertrain performance and future design.
- Contribute to the coding or maintenance of models of the race car aero/suspension/ride/tyre dynamics and powertrain components, completing correlation studies and suggesting modifications to improve whole vehicle match to track side measurements.
- Take ownership of vehicle dynamics project work; helping to organise and plan appropriate simulation studies, virtual rig, physical rig and car tests to deliver on future car performance improvement targets.
- Help to develop/maintain the driver in the loop simulator control systems and modelling architecture.
- Help to run the following sessions/events; driver in the loop simulator sessions (when vehicle dynamics tests or model improvement/experimentation studies are being completed), 7 Post Rigtests, Kinematics and Compliance measurements, Moment of Inertia Measurement, Brake Dyno programs and Remote Room operations.
- Complete detailed analysis of test sessions making concise conclusions / suggestions to enrich the decision-making processes of the Design, Powertrain and Race Team groups.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A robust technical background in Vehicle Dynamics.
- A good understanding of Race Car Control Systems and Powertrain technologies.
- Work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, Dymola, CarMaker, Simpack, Chassis Sim, AVL VSM, or any other high-end Vehicle Dynamics tool chain will be of benefit.
- Used to working to own initiative.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.