Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014.
Purpose of the Role:
Working as part of the Simulation Group and reporting to the Head of Simulation, the factory-based role of Tyre Dynamics Engineer will lead key areas of tyre analysis and on-track optimisation.
- Lead the development and application of a tyre physics analysis, modelling and optimisation toolkit for both offline and track environments
- Deliver the programme for optimal tyre usage across race events, working closely with the Race Engineering team to define and achieve peak tyre performance
- Define, lead, and execute the specification of evaluation programs for tyre characterisation and correlation, including rig and track testing (where permitted)
- Work closely with the Principal Simulation Engineer to aid in the characterisation, implementation and validation of subsystem models within offline, HiL and DiL environments
- Liaise with external model and data suppliers to provide best-in-class tyre modelling and analysis capability
- Work closely with the simulation and race engineering teams to provide event support for DiL sessions, test days and track events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a dedicated tyre science role or tyre-focused vehicle dynamics role is a key requirement
- Strong grounding in tyre physics
- Demonstrable mastery of tyre test and correlation best practice
- Capability in subsystem modelling using Simulink
- Experience with the development or use of HiL and DiL systems will be of benefit
- Experience with real-time simulation and modelling environments is an advantage
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team & peers
- Personal flexibility to work hours as required including from time to time working in weekends
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
We offer a competitive package that includes:
Generous pension scheme
Private health care
Access to state of the art gym facility
EV car scheme
25-days holiday per annum
Please apply with your CV and cover letter.
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.