Tyre Analysis Engineer
Department: Race Engineering / Formula E
Reports to: Head of Performance Engineering
- Full time position to suit the candidate’s and NIO NextEV’s requirements.
- Proven record of tyre model development and analysis beyond the curve fitting of existing tyre models and the presentation of data.
- The candidate must have the ability to develop empirical tyre models.
- The candidate will be instrumental in the guiding the creation of physical tyre models capable of predicting behaviour as a function of load, pressure and slip but also of temperature and track conditions etc..
- Candidate must have the ability to validate tyre models based on both track data and rig test data.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Degree educated (Mechanical / Motorsport / Automotive Engineering)
- An in-depth understanding of tyre construction and relating this to tyre behaviour as measured on track and as represented in tyre mathematical models.
- A knowledge of how tyre related sensors work.
- A thorough understanding of vehicle dynamics and the controlling parameters of car balance.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) (English language a must)
- The ability to work methodically with attention to detail.
- High integrity with commitment to good governance
- Demonstrates alignment to our Company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action; someone who respects and works well with others
Flexibility to travel to and to work from different UK sites (car driver preferable) and to other global sites as required.
Full driving licence.
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the UK