Test Race Engineer
Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014
- Test team Race Engineer running Mahindra Racing's Formula E test cars
- Communicate with engineers, mechanics, and drivers on planning, running, and reporting on track testing. e.g. Mechanical and electronic setup of the car and preparation of run plans
- Organise and run full-car and component rig tests for suspension and powertrain. e.g. Suspension Kinematics and Compliance, suspension proof and durability testing, 4 and 7 post rig testing, powertrain dyno testing, full car dyno testing
- From Mahindra's factory, prepare test plans, mechanical setups, and electronic setups in conjunction with designers, controls, performance, and simulation engineers
- Attend track and rig test facilities to ensure successful completion of car and component tests
- Report on testing results and ensure the information is fed into the activities of simulation, design, and control groups
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Degree trained engineer with minimum 2 years in a motorsport environment
- First-principles understanding of vehicle dynamics, including tyre and aerodynamics
- Conversant with control systems
- Formula E rules and operations
- Data acquisition and sensors
- Numerical simulation methods
- Atlas or similar motorsport data viewing and analysis software
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team & peers
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Personal Performance Bonus scheme
- Podium bonus scheme
- Team points bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health care
- Access to state of the art gym facility
- EV car scheme
- 25-days holiday per annum
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
Mahindra Racing would like to thank you for your application.
Due to being inundated with applicants, we unfortunately cannot get back to everyone, if we don't get back to you it means you have been unsuccessful.
We wish you all the best for the future and ask you to keep checking for roles with us in the future that may suit your skillset.