Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our Team and have an exciting position available in our Purchasing department. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity to make a substantial impact within a small team. We are looking for team-oriented, experienced individual.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. Haas F1 Team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. We have proven to be competitive within our first two seasons with a uniquely-designed team, quickly demonstrating our desire to win!
This position reports to the Director of Procurement or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for ensuring best practices are adopted and followed at all times. Ensures the timely delivery of quality parts within budget.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Follow and implement purchasing guidelines, policies and procedures, continually challenging cost, quality and lead time.
- Responsible for the project management of vendor supplied projects.
- Experience to foresee potential quality and delivery risks, with the knowledge to implement corrective actions.
- Must be able to efficiently expedite existing purchase orders with a focus on minimizing late vendor deliveries whilst ensuring open order reports are accurate.
- Engineering skills to be able to create a detailed manufacturing routing and expected cost directly from a drawing.
- Confidence to feedback to engineering any changes which could reduce the cost and/or improve the quality of supply without negatively effecting the engineering function of the part.
- Skills to audit a vendors capability, capacity and sustainability and the mindset to look outside the existing motor sport community for the best solution
- Ability to offer multiple supply options and select the optimum solution per situation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with parts vendors to obtain and purchase parts.
- Responsible for invoice queries and liaising with the finance department to ensure resolution.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment and products.
- Works directly and indirectly with all levels of management in the competition, shop and administrative departments.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Director of Procurement or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School education or equivalent required. Typically requires 5 years of procurement or parts department experience, with an emphasis on overseeing inventory and ordering parts. Experience in the motorsports industry would be advantageous. Experience in an international/global environment desired.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient computer skills. Strong knowledge of parts, including parts vendors, part functions, and part numbers. Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven connections in the racing community with good rapport established with parts personnel of other race teams. Strong written and oral communication, teamwork, negotiation and people skills
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.