• Implementation of strength analyses, static & dynamic simulations
• Creation of the finite element models, evaluation and validation of the results
• Documentation and presentation of the calculation results
• Support and coordination of external service providers
• Analytical preliminary design and design of connecting elements
• Further development of simulation methods and processes as well Material models
• Definition of suitable test bench tests to validate the simulation parameters
• Studies in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or comparable training
• Several years of experience in the field of structural analysis with a focus on FEM
• In-depth knowledge of materials and the design of composite components
• Knowledge of using FE tools such as Abaqus, Optistruct, Nastran, and Ansa
• Basic design experience and handling of CAD tools (Catia V5)
• Willingness to take over/acquire design activities in addition to structural analysis
• Experience in the field of HV batteries and structural integration of battery cells is an advantage
• Fluency in German or English and the willingness to learn basic knowledge of the other language are prerequisites
• Implementation skills and a high degree of motivation and initiative
• Excellent teamwork
• Goal-oriented, independent and structured working methods
• Decision-making and conflict-solving skills
• Experience in working together with international companies
Would you like to help shape the future of motorsport? Then you've come to the right place at Audi Formula Racing GmbH! In 2026, Audi will enter the most demanding motorsport series: Formula 1. It is both a global stage and a high-tech development laboratory. Our aim is to operate sustainable racing at the highest level in the premier class of motorsport - in terms of sport and technology. The new technical regulations, which will apply from 2026, are based on greater electrification and sustainable fuel. With Vorsprung durch Technik we want to inspire our customers and fans worldwide.
In the field of high-voltage storage development, you will work on the key component of high-performance electric drives and make your contribution to competitiveness in a highly competitive environment. From requirements management to method development to detailed design, you will develop HV storage concepts for high-performance motorsport applications.
The combination of high performance and competition drives innovation and technology transfer. Face the challenge in the pinnacle of motorsport and become part of an ambitious team. Together we are actively shaping the technological change at Audi and the transformation of Formula 1 into a sustainable racing series!
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand's entry into Formula 1. From 2026, the four rings will compete with a specially developed drive unit (“Power Unit”) and a works team in the globally popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship. In the future, the program will form the spearhead of Audi's factory motorsport commitment.
The power unit is developed in Audi Sport's state-of-the-art Motorsport Competence Center in Neuburg an der Donau, not far from the headquarters of AUDI AG in Ingolstadt. Opened in 2014, the location is considered one of the most modern of its kind and is currently undergoing extensive expansion for the F1 commitment. This is the first Formula 1 drive in Germany since 2009. The decisive factor here is the new regulations of the International Automobile Association FIA, which, among other things, provide for sustainable synthetic fuels from 2026 and will increase the electrical proportion of the hybrid drive unit to almost 50 percent. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Globally known, highly emotional and technically highly developed - Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the most demanding electrified racing vehicles in the world. Audi is taking up the challenge of proving “Vorsprung durch Technik” in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis for this is the diverse know-how from motorsport commitments such as Formula E, the Dakar Rally or the Le Mans era. Become part of the unique project in the premier class of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter in its motorsport history.
Audi joins Formula 1
These positions are to be filled at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg ad Donau.
Please note that these are not positions at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, are actively committed to inclusion and create an environment that promotes the individuality of every person in the company's interest.
The AFR team will answer your questions by sending an email to email@example.com