1. To generate, validate, quality assure and publish the suite of results produced by the FOM timing and sporting systems, in line with FOM procedures and relevant sporting regulations.
2. To liaise with the Series organisers and event stewards to undertake any changes requested.
3. During sessions; to monitor, validate and edit the live acquired data with reference to the sporting regulations.
4. To monitor and trouble shooting in real time, the complex interdependent software programmes that comprise the FOM Timing and Data processing system, whilst anticipating and resolving issues to maintain 100% service delivery.
5. Ensure that after each session all data is saved and archived according to FOM procedures.
6. To rig and de-rig FOM’s broadcast and data infrastructure at Grand Prix events, which includes;
- Deployment, positioning, unpacking and setting up of equipment in the timing room, pit lane and around the circuit, and
- The installation and the connection of cabling, both fibre optic and copper
7. To initiate, participate and take ownership in systems and procedures development as part of a process of continual improvement, this includes;
- Requirements specifications and definition to enable the software development team to produce code with a clearly defined function and performance, particularly with reference to user interfaces, diagnostics and operational functionality.
- Specific algorithm development; to enable software development to convert these algorithms into operational systems
- System proving, testing and quality assurance; including ongoing change requests and bug fix requests etc. within an Agile development process.
- To actively take part within project development teams and their relevant processes, and communicate effectively with your own team and all other stakeholders.
All of the above should be undertaken in close cooperation and liaison with other FOM departments, particularly, but not limited to; the Software Development team and Data Acquisition team (Track Systems). This role does not involve coding, or software authoring other than the early stage of algorithm prototyping.
8. To generate, validate and publish analytical products to internal and external clients in line with FOM procedures and contractual obligations.
9. To document all activity during the Event, in the form of a Race Report and effectively communicate with your team, your Team Leader and Group Manager on all aspects of the operation.
10. To undertake the collation and curation of the events results archive, including the live historic database.
11. To complete all mandatory training within specified timelines.
12. To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
13. To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your Group Manager or Team Leader may assign to you from time to time.
It is essential that you have previous experience of sporting event; time keeping, scoring and data analysis. As well as operational knowledge of Motor Sport Timings and its concept. Please note, this is an extensive travelling role.