Founded in 2007 by Owner and Team Principal Jay Penske, PENSKE AUTOSPORT is an American racing team headquartered in Southern California, the largest EV metro-market in the world. Team participated 7 years in Indycar and decided from its inception to embrace the shift to electric mobility as one of the founding teams of the FIA Formula E World Championship. In 2021, Formula E gains World Championship status, it is the most competitive category and the fastest-growing series in motorsport.
PENSKE AUTOSPORT has entered a 4-year strategic partnership with winning OEM, the French automotive brand DS Automobiles. The Team has been renamed DS PENSKE to reflect this collaboration starting in Season 9.
With a combined 17 race wins and 4 titles, DS PENSKE opens a new chapter by racing the third-generation of Formula E racing Car, the DS E-TENSE FE23, which combines high performance, efficiency and sustainability.
For 2023 the Team will benefit from two past Formula E Champions driving its cars, the reigning World Champion Stoffel Vandoorne and the two-time Formula E Champion, Jean-Eric Vergne.
DS PENSKE is the only team in the paddock fielding two past champions, and one of the FE founding team since the inaugural season in 2014
DS Penske are looking for Senior Performance Engineers.
An exciting opportunity to join one of the leading Formula E teams, running two Formula E driver champions, to make a substantial impact within the engineering team.
DS Penske has an international working environment with people from across the globe.
This role can be either track or factory based, will be primarily located in Satory, Versailles, France and will report to the Lead performance engineer.
Here at DS Penske we focus on people and long-term commitment, this is why the Race Engineers and most of the senior positions are filled from internal promotions.
- Will assist Race Engineers and have shared responsibility to optimise vehicle and driver performance.
- Will deliver precise reports and guidance with relevant KPIs, analysis and problem-solving conclusions.
- Will be a key contributor of overall teamwork and effective relationships between the different engineering groups such as Vehicle science, Tyre engineering, Energy management, Simulations activities and Trackisde softwares.
- Will support DIL simulator sessions
- Will attend at races or Remote room as required
Required Knowledge and Skills