DS Penske is looking for a Senior Controls Performance Engineer.
A fantastic opportunity to drive advanced vehicle dynamics control system development in one of the leading Formula E teams.
This exciting role makes a significant contribution to car performance and allows a highly-dynamic coder to showcase their skillset in a hugely competitive environment where creative solutions are regularly measured throughout the race season.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Deliver on-car Vehicle Dynamics code and off-car toolchain software which will advance car performance beyond that of our competitors.
- Plan the software code development, release, test and sign-off timings.
- Work closely with the Drivers and the Race Engineering group to ensure that all on-car software is intuitive to use and facilitates highly advanced tuning of the vehicle control systems.
- Build strong relationships with the Powertrain Group so that VCU software ensures optimal powertrain usage and energy management.
- Strive to regularly deliver new control solutions that optimise to FIA regulation and improve car performance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A robust technical background in Control Systems Engineering.
- A good understanding of race car dynamics and technologies.
- Work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in C, C#, Python or other advanced programming languages,
- Highly proficient in the use of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow to both design and debug model-based systems.
- Used to working to own initiative and delivering to tight timescales.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.