At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. We support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win.
We're seeking a talented and motivated Senior Control Systems Engineer to join our team of engineers developing and supporting electrical & electronic solutions use on our race, rally and road projects. This role will work alongside other departments in a highly dynamic environment and will be responsible for embedded software, control strategies and overall electrical and electronic implementation in our products.
- Select hardware selection, allocate I/O and software design and development
- Work together with electrical department to specify requirements for looms
- Calibration and tuning strategies for race & rally use
- Development & operation of test rigs
- Development of PC tools to assist race & rally engineers
Background and technical skills
- Strong automotive or motorsport understanding of electronics and embedded systems
- Good all-round technology knowledge and experience, especially full powertrain operating principles and calibration.
- Experience in model based software development using MATLAB & Simulink and setting up cross compilers and tool chains.
- Development of PC software in tools such as C# and Python
- Experience of MIL, SIL & HIL testing
- Understanding various communication protocols and their limitations such as CAN, LIN & Ethernet.
- Defining requirement, specifying, and implementing sensors.
- Experience in motorsport or automotive ECU and data loggers
- Confident in integrating all components required to operate a race car from the ground up
- Ability to read basic electronic schematics and follow electrical wiring drawings
- FMEA preparation & documentation
- Strong fault finding and working through problems methodically, both in hardware and software
- Data analysis using time series data loggers and health checking of vehicles
- EV systems & safe working practices an advantage
- Awareness of ISO26262 and functional safety goals & methods
- Effective spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and coordination skills
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and support cars on event or test
Competitive salary to attract the best, 25 days holiday and bank holidays, life assurance, flexible benefit options including pension, car, bike and holiday purchase salary sacrifice schemes.