2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Internship Program
Sales & Marketing Intern (In Race Market)
Dates: Up to 15 weeks preceding the Red Bull GRC event in that market
Hours: Part-time, flexible, in-market. Plus three to four days on-site at the race event
Compensation: Non-Paid Internship, may apply towards college credit + commission on local sponsorship and group ticket package sales
Other: Intern must provide laptop for use during the internship dates.
Job Description Overview
Red Bull Global Rallycross is looking for the next ambitious Sales & Marketing Intern (In Race Market) player to join our amazing team. Over the last years, our company has grown and even though we are still considered a smaller company, we are leading the way in the motorsports industry.
Intern will work closely with the Red Bull Global Rallycross Director of Partnerships to learn about the business of a global motorsports series. Interns will assist in every department of Red Bull Global Rallycross, which include event marketing and sales.
Desired Skills/ Competencies
- Ability to reach out to and garner interest from local media outlets about the upcoming Red Bull GRC Event
- Ability to prospect and reach out to area companies that may have interest in group ticket packages, VIP experience packages, or race sponsorships
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of marketing, promotional and grassroots initiatives
- Communicate with area media and local influencers in the months leading up the event to drive awareness before the larger push in the preceding month of the event
- Reach out to area companies, enthusiast groups, and car clubs about group ticket packages, VIP Experiences, and event sponsorships. Commission opportunity on all sales to these groups.
- Support the fulfillment of sponsorship deliverables and help implement sponsorship contracts
- Plan and create unique grassroots marketing initiatives with the goal to distribute promotional materials and drive brand awareness
- Outreach to area military organizations and schools in each race market
- Learn online ticket sales process and system
Requirements of the Position
- Report to Jeff Swoboda
- Discretion, confidentiality, poise in pressure situations, ability to maintain proprietary information, stamina and a sense of humor are hallmark traits of a successful team member.
How to Apply?
For any interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter. Please indicate which internship(s) you are applying for.