DPR Motorsport - full time Race Technician position available
We have an immediate opportunity for a Graduate Race Technician to join our expanding workshop team based in Redhill, Surrey.
This role is ideally suited to a recently-graduated University Motorsport/Automotive engineering student, looking for their first step into the industry to build and develop essential mechanical and technical skills in a professional environment. The candidate should be capable of learning quickly, follow processes precisely and display both determination and resilience in order to flourish in our company where quality and excellence are paramount.
For the right candidate, and at the right time, we have links with GT and several formula teams (to include F1) that we have opportunities to provide DPR-trained technicians to.
We have a modern and well-equipped workshop and a very successful Caterham race team running a large squad of drivers in the official Caterham Motorsport championships.
Competition success is at the heart of DPR’s culture. We have won a total of 15 team-supported championships to include both the 2022 Caterham Seven UK, and the 2023 AM title – both nationally-recognised championships for 420R race cars running slicks and wets, providing close to GT4 lap time performance.
On top of this our privateers have won another 32 championships whilst making use of our workshop preparation and services.
Graduate technician role essential prerequisites:
- Display a underpinning passion for Motorsport
- BEng Automotive, Motorsport or Mechanical engineering 2:2 minimum
- Follow and encourage at all times the DPR culture, ethics and core values
- Have a drive and commitment to continuous team and personal improvement
- Be able to follow instructions and service check sheets precisely, make lists and prioritise logically
- Be able to communicate well with customers, suppliers and staff
- Be able to attend all race weekends, and test days sometimes on short notice if required. The job role will include travel and time away from home
- Have exceptional attention to detail and desire to place quality first
- Be willing to work extra hours if needed, at times of high workload
- Being a team player and an advocate for the company is a must
Graduate technician role desirable qualities:
- Have previous trackside or motorsport environment experience
- Have previous Caterham specific experience and knowledge
- Have experience with welding, machining and general fabrication
- Driver license with B+E (car and trailer)
- Have previous experience with race car geometry setups
- Have previous experience with engine upgrades and repairs
- Have knowledge of data logging software from Racelogic
- A competitive salary based on experience, which is subject to continuous review and feedback
- Yearly bonus available based on KPI targets being met
- Working in a performance driven environment, whereby a quality approach is key
- For a non-local applicant who would consider relocation, suitable accommodation can be organised nearby the workshop
- For the right candidate progression towards technical lead and managerial positions are possible
Apply with your CV and a short cover note.