Dragon Racing is seeking to recruit a Race Team IT Support Technician
Reporting to the Team Manager, the IT Support Technician will be in charge of setting up all of the team’s IT equipment and software, both at the race track and at its home base at Donington Park in the UK. This includes the IT box, Internet, LAN wiring, in-garage computers, garage overhead, race monitoring systems and pit stop timer system.
The Technician will also be responsible for end user support in the Dragon Racing team.
This is a role which requires extensive international travel and occasional extended periods away from home.
Responibilities & Main Duties:
The IT Support Technician will be required to:
- Set up and enhance the IT resources (software and hardware) used by the team on track.
- Set up and maintain the various software packages used by the team.
- Set up and maintain the team’s IT box (Synology DiskStation NAS drive, Dropbox, Netgear ProSAFE switch, PEPLINK MAX HD2 Dual 4G LTE Mobile Router, DHCP server, printers, cameras, third party boxes, SBG software).
- Set up and maintain the SBG RaceWatch software.
- Maintain equipment for interfacing with third party suppliers such as Alkamel, MRTC and Magneti Marelli.
- Provide IT support to users at trackside and at the team’s base in the UK.
- Maintain lines of communication between the UK and the corporate IT group in the USA. Occasional travel may be required to these sites outside of the trackside support requirement.
- Support the corporate IT group in the management of the team’s requirements, including backup/archive and software licensing.
- Support and administer Windows based services such as file permissions, software updates, DNS and DHCP.
- Support specialized engineering tools including MAT’s software suite, Atlas, MATLAB & Simulink.
- Support the trackside intercom system alongside the third party supplier.
- Assist with the maintenance of assets, using management tools.
- Assist with delivery and maintenance of trackside backup
- Ensure up to date documentation and accurate reporting as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Manager
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will be expected to possess the following:
- Typically 3 years’ experience in the IT field.
- Ability to set up a complete set of IT equipment
- Motor racing experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Daily reporting on the job done
- Positive and flexible attitude towards work.
- Respects and works well with others
- Worldwide travel which may include extended periods abroad.
- Ability to prioritize tasks within a high-pressure and time-constrained environment.
- Ability to cope with the demands of working in a non-permanent trackside garage facility.