Location: Silverstone, Northamptonishre
Contract: Full time, permanent
Report to: Build Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
KWSP are engaged in exciting and aggressive turnkey motorsport and track based programmes, we are looking for experienced professional Race Mechanics. We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude and strong lateral thinking skills, who is excited by the engineering process and can apply their skills to a variety of diverse projects using their initiative and knowledge.
KW Special Projects is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. KWSP uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services.
By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive && Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
Our capabilities include
• High Performance Engineering
• Digital Fabrication
• Additive Manufacturing
• Lightweight structures and composites
• Industrial Inkjet
• High Performance Engineering project management
• Special purpose machine design and manufacture
About the role
Opportunities for Career Development
KWSP is a small but growing business. For someone with the right “can do” attitude, technical skill and initiative there may be future opportunities within the business
Person Specification: Core competencies and experience.
Applicants will preferably have
· Motorsport or niche vehicle assembly experience essential – prototype into low volume production preferred
· Proven and skilled use of software of CATIA V5, interpreting technical drawings and build procedures as appropriate
· Proven high level of mechanical assembly competence
· Preparing and completing niche vehicle builds to the highest standard
· Specifically inboard / outboard suspension, chassis systems, engine dressing, composite body assy
· Liaison with engineering team to ensure vehicles are built to exacting specifications
· Working with production and planning to ensure schedules are always maintained
· Liaison with SQE to ensure issues are documented and resolved efficiently
· Recording detailed data via ERP and build documentation
All applicants are required to have;
o Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
o Confident use of MS-Office applications
o Proven skills in detailed analysis and problem solving from first principles
o Follow, create, and disseminate good working practises and processes
o Thrive operating in small team environments
o Able to positively contribute to developing processes based on changing project requirements
The successful applicant will be;
o have high integrity
o direct communicator
o a problem solver/have strong lateral thinking skills
o able to demonstrate a commitment to quality and meeting customer requirements
o tenacious in meeting deadlines
o practical as well as creative and prepared to be hands on
o able to demonstrate precision and attention to detail including good record-keeping
o able to work effectively under time pressure
o able to work within business health and safety requirements
The role may require you to work out of main office hours or to travel around the UK or abroad and spend periods of time with our customers off site.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of thepost, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager toundertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Engaged in exciting and aggressive turnkey motorsport and track based programmes we are looking for experienced professionals in the following positions