Penske Racing - WEC
- Manage and execute assembly, disassembly, and maintenance of Porsche Penske Motorsport race cars in support of the above-mentioned series and a safe and efficient manner.
- Meeting specified deadlines for race car preparation while executing a high level of racecar preparation.
- Loading the race car on the transporters for safe and on-time transport of vehicle to each venue.
- Making the necessary adjustments to the car according to established procedures for each race and test event by collaborating with managers, chief mechanics, drivers, and engineers to meet design specifications and achieve desired results.
- Disassembling, cleaning, and non-destructive testing of race car components.
- Work in support of all mileage tracking and parts management programs. Supply build sheets and mileage sheets and input data into these programs.
- Maintaining accurate records of changes on all adjustable components of the car during post-race teardown, i.e., recording suspension lengths, pedal positions, tracking serial #’s, etc.
- Safely operating equipment according to recommended safety specifications, including use of all protective equipment necessary (protective eyewear, earplugs, etc.) while identifying any safety hazards and reporting all risks immediately to a supervisor.
- Openly communicating with team members in manufacturing and engineering departments to develop functional and quality components.
- Providing direction and acting as a mentor to less experienced mechanics to ensure quality control while promoting a positive learning environment.
- Professionally represent the team and its sponsors on and off-track premises.
- Participating in the Porsche Penske Motorsport Workout Program designed to maximize physical strength and endurance to remain competitive at a professional level.
- International and domestic travel with the team to races and tests is expected and required for this position.
- Participation in the pit stop crew including participating in a training and fitness program
- 4+ years’ experience as race mechanic on Indycar, Sports Car or F1 series race cars.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of set-up specifications for race cars and the appropriate safety mechanisms for each component.
- Ability to communicate to all team members.
- Meet professional level performance criteria to be a member of the pit crew.
- Be able to interpret and follow set-up designs for individual race and test events.
- Have wide knowledge of mechanical components, electronics, and structural framework of race cars.
- Manual experience using one or more of the following: lathe, mill, drill press, band saw.
- Be proficient in using precision measuring devices.
This is a re-listed job, previous applicants need not re-apply