At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. For the last 15 years we have been the team behind the Le Mans winning Aston Martin Racing team in the FIA World Endurance Championship. We now support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win.
We are looking for a Race Engineer to manage the car, drivers and car crews at all test and race events. You will work with the Head of Performance to optimise the performance of the car and drivers and be responsible for the technical specification of the race car, maintaining all running records.
- In an effective and timely manner, and in conjunction with the technical staff you will produce build specifications, set up sheets, and all other necessary documentation for all events, whether test or race.
- Issue technical work lists after each session of track time (ie. set up changes, specification changes, tyre choice, etc).
- To liaise with your drivers on a regular basis on all matters technical as regards the car and team.
- You will keep accurate and adequate notes, issuing an event report from all tests and races and you will ensure such reports and notes are filed in such a manner as to make them easily accessible for future reference.
- To keep a summarised mileage record of all running and have ensure this is available for the Chief Technician to use for filing records, etc.
- To liaise with the tyre company engineers regarding the tyre choice and availability.
- To ensure that the correct tyres are available for all events.
- To analyse test and race data in a scientific and objective manner.
- To plan, carry out, and report on specific tests, ie. aerodynamic, R&D rig tests or, other Race Team development tests, as requested by the Head of Performance.
Who Are We Looking For?
- You will be educated to degree level or, equivalent in Engineering
- Previous Motorsport experience is essential, ideally GT Endurance racing.
- An ability to manage and motivate, the car crew and drivers during events.
- Possession of a positive attitude is essential and you will display the ability to identify alternative solutions to problems.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive salary which will grow in line with your ongoing development and impact;
- 25 days holiday (which increases with long service) with an opportunity to purchase up to 15 extra days;
- Training opportunities for continuing professional development;
- Onsite subsidised staff restaurant;
- Car and pension salary sacrifice schemes;
- Exercise classes;
- Paid time off for volunteering;
- Consultations with our Fit 4 Life expert;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Exclusive company discounts;
- Life assurance.
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.
Come and make a difference.