R&D Technician (mechanical)
NIO are seeking an R&D Technician (Mechanical) to join our dynamic team in an exciting organisation! The role will be primarliy based at Donnington Circuit, with some travel to Oxford and other locations for business purposes.
The primary function is to undertake R&D activities and projects for high performance electric vehicles as part of a small but expanding R&D Department!
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
· Good breadth of experience in the relevant automotive/motorsport areas of R&D testing.
· Good understanding of technical drawings and development tools & methodologies.
· Experience in use of commonly used chassis mechanical testing procedures and techniques (e.g. suspension, steering, gearbox, hydraulic, brake system test rigs).
· Experience with experimental instrumentation.
· Computer literacy, preferably including the use of data logging / analysis systems.
· Previous motorsport experience is not essential but highly recommended, preferably but not limited to, single seaters.
· Understanding High Voltage Electrical Powertrain Components is beneficial, willing to learn the various aspects of Electrical Powertrains is fundamental
· Experience with K & C, 7 post, Damper testing and cooling system test rigs would be an advantage.