The purpose of a quality inspector is to ensure PWR’s high standard of quality products is maintained and customer requirements are consistently achieved.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all WHS policies as outlined in the HR Manual and Employment Policy guide;
- Participate and contribute in all WHS Tool box meeting;
- Participate in department WHS, Fire and Evacuation and Emergency training;
- Demonstrate a high degree of safety awareness at all times.
Specific Duties of Role
- Manual inspection; Inspect components using visual/manual measuring techniques.
- Kitting components; Gather all measured components and using the drawing bill of materials create an assembly kit for fabrication.
- Log and measure pre/post anodised components; Measure pre/post anodised parts using manual measuring techniques and log using Excel.
- Record measurements for high end components; Create balloon drawings and measurement table using Bluebeam and Excel for critical dimensions and tolerances. Record measurements using table created.
- Communicate with other departments; Communicate any issues found during inspection and work with the relevant persons to resolve.
- Creating certificate of conformance documents using Word and Accentis.
- Create part identification stickers; Using Word, Accentis and a data matrix generator create part identification stickers.
- Work orders and travel sheets; Print work orders and travel sheets using Accentis.
- Archive documents; Scan and save documents in appropriate folders. Documents including completed travel sheets, completed certificates of conformance and material certificates.
- Compile quality documents for submission to customer; Gather all customer required quality documents and compile in a format as set by customer.
- Probe/Scan assemblies; Using the Romer arm and Polyworks probe/scan completed assemblies. Create review and save dimensional report in appropriate customer folder.
- Manually inspect completed assemblies using manual measuring techniques, Borescope and visually inspect welds for defects.
- Assist Senior quality inspectors when required.
- Facilitate harmony within the QC room;
- Undertaking a daily 5S routine; Maintain a tidy work place && to improve efficiency by eliminating the waste of motion looking for tools, materials or information.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 15kg
- Pushing and Pulling
Note: It is not the intent of this position description to limit the scope of this position in any way but is provided to give an overview of this
role with PWR. You may at times be required to work at other tasks and areas as directed by your Manager / Supervisor.
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Fitter and turner / toolmaker experience (preferable)
- Experience with precision measuring instruments (preferable)
- Romer arm experience (preferable)
- Polyworks experience (preferable)
- CMM experience (preferable)
- CAD experience (preferable)
- Ability to read work orders
- Ability to read drawings
- Able to work within a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Able to use measuring equipment
- Able to use basic hand tools
- Strong Communication skills
- Be Respectful
- Decision Making
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Ability to delegate tasks/jobs to team members.
- Motivate Others