Be a part of making history with us as we redefine iconic automotive classics.
A fusion of iconic classic cars and advanced clean air electric technology in the making ..
We are currently seeking a talented Prototype Build Electrical Technician to join our Electrical Prototype Development team as we work in collaboration with recognised industry leaders in EV technology on our high-end vehicle project.
You will be a key member of the Prototype Build Electrical Team for the electrical areas on the car and supporting the wider R&D development teams. This role also offers development and the opportunity to grow your knowledge and diversify with the team.
To be successful you will have an innovative and ‘hands on approach’ together with strong attention to detail gained within a motorsport or credible automotive engineering environment, and have eligibility to work in the UK. You will also be a great communicator, comfortable working under pressure and excited as well as passionate to deliver within a high performing team environment.
What’ll you do
Your key role will be supporting the Electrical Technician Team from ‘end to end ‘ and your day to day responsibilities will include
- Fault finding electrical issues on prototype vehicles
- Repair and making improvements to wiring harnesses
- Ensuring stock of electrical parts are maintained to avoid part shortages
- Working with engineers on upgrade projects on prototype vehicles and LABcars
- Supporting events and tests off site as required
- Creating harnesses and test leads, battery cables and high voltage cables will also be a feature
- Supporting permits to work with high voltage rework
Our Technical Requirements
- Experience of hands-on working with wiring harnesses, including battery cables
- Good experience with automotive connector systems and crimping
- Excellent prototyping skills - Wiring harnesses
- Ability to problem solve, especially related to vehicle electrical systems
- Ability to problem solve by coming up with quick gadgets to solve problems
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory
- Ability to follow an electrical schematic diagram
- Able to use current clamps, multimeters and take measurements
- Basic knowledge of CAN buses, and interest in how they work
- An awareness of common HV safety features of electric vehicles and Safe systems of work related to High Voltage, basic soldering and CAD skills would be ideal
What we’re looking for
- Love what you do, be part of something growing into something big
- A great communicator and team player with a 'can do will do' attitude to achieve our end goals
- The ability to forge quality stakeholder relationships
- Strong attention to detail, organisational / time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and go the extra mile when
- Flexible, resilient, curious with an innovative approach as well as a positive outlook to embrace change
- Proactive to further your development
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV.