Elevate your career as a Performance Engineer in the Repco Supercars Championship. Join our dynamic Motorsport team to uphold technical excellence. Analyze team data and ensure top-notch performance integrity. Drive success in the fast lane!
Day-to-day office-based tasks:
- Respond to team enquiries
- In-depth analysis of teams data and performance metrics
- Fuel consumption and race strategy.
- Generation of reports required by Control part suppliers.
- Breakdown of device configurations: ECU, PDM, data logger, display.
- Pre-event preparation of required templates, and overview of upcoming event.
- Post-event scrutineering checks as required.
- Assist with new vehicle homologations, including aerodynamic and engine testing.
- Assist other departments with technical deliverables.
- Provide statistics and technical information to other departments as required.
- Individual project management.
Track / Events based tasks:
- Respond to team enquiries.
- Maintain a presence on pit lane.
- Downloading ECU data post-session or as required.
- Post-session analysis of cars performances and parity monitoring using timing system and Motec data.
- Producing reports from telemetry or logged data to help enforce rules.
- Downloading and processing data from accident data recorders.
- Set-up and tear-down of motorsport operations.
- Set-up, tear-down, and Maintenance of Supercars data centre.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / INTERACTIONS
- Head of Motorsport
- Technical Director
- Motorsport Technical Manager
- Technical Projects Manager
- Supercars Team Managers
- Team engineers and mechanics
- Team player
- Ability to work autonomously
- Willing to travel
- Highly skilled in Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of MoTeC software, specifically i2 Pro, Matlab, Susprog, CAD, timing software.
- Strong understanding of vehicle dynamics and simulation techniques.
- Supercars experience is essential
It is an exciting time to be a member of the Supercars Team as the series continues to develop and grow. The responsibility of the Technical department is increasing year by year as we improve our scrutineering ability and capacity to provide a level playing field for all competitors.
Commitment, integrity, fairness, and honesty are some of the core values that the Technical department demonstrates and expects from its staff.
Supercars will provide sponsorship for the right candidate