Hertz Team JOTA is recruiting for a Number 1 Mechanic to join our established talented workforce. Based at our HQ in Kent and reporting to the Chief Mechanic, you will lead a car crew and head the responsibility to build/service and maintain 1 of our LMDh Porsche 963’s both at the factory and on event.
- Vast understanding of complex race car mechanical systems, component assemblies, build processes and setup.
- Work closely with the chief mechanic, as well as engineering and relevant departments to ensure car build is conducted to the very highest of standards and specification.
- High level understanding of technical documentation, ensuring that car build conforms to homologation.
- Vehicle build sheets are followed to the highest detail, alongside constant communication with the Chief Mechanic ensuring that any component changes are logged.
- Highly competent at documenting technical information requested by the Chief Mechanic and Engineering. Good computer skills ideally with an understanding of HHDM and Microsoft office programs: Xcel, Word, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint and One Drive.
- Communicate daily and weekly build schedules/service intervals to the mechanics while also creating job list between events, structuring their workload to achieve the deadlines set.
- Coordinating all setup changes during sessions ensuring they are done to the highest of accuracy in the shortest possible time.
- Ensure that all car related equipment and tooling is in good working order and safely loaded ready for transport between events.
- Extensive travel to race events, circuit tests and vehicle rig tests (7 post, wind tunnel and K&C as examples)
- Work alongside our pitstop performance coach ensuring all operations during pitstops are performed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Participate in pitstop training at our purpose-built training facility on our pitstop rig and gym. Follow instruction from our pitstop performance coach to ensure that yourself and the crew perform at peak physical fitness.
- Being mentor to your number 2 mechanics providing an environment for learning and progression.
- Assisting other areas of the race team, when necessary, as a No’1 your experience will be valuable in helping the team grow.
- 3 plus years’ experience as a number 1 mechanic in LMP1/LMP2 or F1/F2
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- IT skills
- HV level 3
- Experience using surface table and high precision measuring tools.
Start date: January 2024