A tribe of enthusiastic sparkheads, competing in the pulsating world of Formula E is both strategic and natural.
We are one of only 12 teams to have competed in the FIA Formula E Championship from its founding season in 2014. Right from the get-go, we’ve been busy upping the ante on technology and innovation.
Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014
The number one is accountable for the car – meaning that the front- and rear-end mechanics, all report to them. In turn, the number one liaises with race engineer, chief mechanic and the team manager.
· Build, maintain, service and support the Race Team FE cars whilst working to build procedures and build manuals.
· Ensure all cars are built to the exact same standards and specifications according to build manuals and procedures.
· Working to tight timelines while at race, test and factory builds.
· Work from supplied job lists covering build and re-prep.
· Keep accurate records of all car lifed parts fitted and replaced during all events.
· Attend and support all race events and selected test events.
· Assist with garage infrastructure build and pack up following guidance from logistics.
· Pit equipment maintenance and manufacture. (Possible fabrication work).
· New equipment ideas.
· Complete post event reports covering issues, positive points and all mechanical changes through the event.
· To work in and maintain a clean and tidy working environment whilst in the factory and on event.
· You will be HV trained if not already.
· Known consignor trained allowing freight loading on site.
· Solely responsible for the maintenance and tracking of all dampers for both race cars.
· Update master tracking documentation for mechanical assemblies.
· Assist with freight organization, loading and packing.
· Carry out basic composite repairs if required.
· Understanding of chassis set-up and the regulations for sanctioning body.
· Fulfill any other responsibilities that are related to the job.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
· Work unsupervised if required.
· Be a good team player and able to lead number 2 mechanics.
· Able to use and understand technical drawings.
· Have extremely high attention to detail.
· Comfortable travelling to international destinations for work.
· Hold a full UK driving licence.
· Be presentable and well organized.
· Be able to interact with drivers and suppliers.
· Good communication skills (with various departments within the team).
· Competent IT skills including MS excel and word etc.
· Confident and capable of working to tight deadlines.
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
Mahindra Racing would like to thank you for your application.
Due to being inundated with applicants, we unfortunately cannot get back to everyone, if we don't get back to you it means you have been unsuccessful.
We wish you all the best for the future and ask you to keep checking for roles with us in the future that may suit your skillset.