Front Row Racing have the following full-time position available:
No.1 Race Team Mechanic
An integral part of the team, you will be responsible for LMP1, Historic Formula 1 & Group C car build, maintenance and trackside running. The role will require interaction and liaison with all areas of team Engineering and Operations.
Basis: Full time Mon/Fri inc. winter - plus race weekends.
Based: Warrington, Cheshire; ability to work in the UK and abroad.
Min 3 years’ experience in a high level of motorsport required i.e. F1/F2/F3/WEC/IndyCar/High level historic or similar.
- Responsible for the build, operation and running of LMP1, Historic Formula 1 & Group C cars.
- You will ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards, meets the relevant set up parameters and all necessary criteria of the build specification.
- Follow Engineering procedures and protocols pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Tracking of part mileage and compliance with any part life procedures.
- Post running inspection of the cars, reporting condition and any damage.
- Support any required rig testing either at factory base or using external facilities.
- Set up and operation of the garage and associated infrastructure.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the management team.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of work areas; the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety regulations either in the workshop or trackside.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards and particularly the attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
An ability to work and prioritize within a time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. You will work with a team of engineers and mechanics throughout the build process, undertaking repairs and assembly in a methodical manner. The role may require domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long until project requirements are met is vital. Please note ongoing covid requirements in terms of proof of vaccination for some international travel.