Our involvement in the competition side of motor racing extends back over 100 years to the days of the pioneers. Jeremy Welch's great grandfather built the first six cylinder engine ever made in the UK in 1906 and went on to build Brooke Marine racing engines with notable success.
Our own development programme is headed by our highly successful Big Healey (Reg KVS 484), one that has seen success all over Europe. It is supported by our class winning 100/4. Our experience has extended from Ford Anglias, single seaters, sports racing cars, to 24hr Touring Cars and beyond.
Running these cars has resulted in a world conquering array of parts that quite simply guarantees success to almost anyone.
We are a successful and busy Race & Classic Sports Car specialist who are currently looking for an experienced and professional Motorsport Parts Advisor to join our team.
We specialise in supplying parts and services for both race and classic sports cars and have developed a reputation for being experts in our field. The successful candidate will deal directly with our customers worldwide and will be confident at selling specialist technical products both to end users and business to business.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience of the Automotive Industry, specifically vehicle components. Excellent selling skills and be quick to learn the features and benefits of our products, many of which are only available from us. This position is permanently office based. Benefits of company pension, onsite parking, weekly paid, uniform provided, one free MOT a year, 28 days annual leave and opportunities for career progression to ongoing business growth.
This is a full time position working within the Parts and Distribution team, working a 40 hour week with paid overtime available. Working hours are 8.30 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Please specify your current salary on application.
The position requires:
· Experience and knowledge of vehicle component sales in a similar role would be an advantage
· Attention to detail, as this is of paramount importance
· Good computer literacy skills
· IT knowledge and experience
· Sage Line 50 experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided
· Have a hands-on approach
· An excellent telephone manner
· Be confident and dynamic and have a passion for success
· Good character and attitude
· Interest and knowledge in motorsport or classic cars and their components an advantage
· Must have own transport and live locally due to location
· Good organisational skills
· Work professionally to a high standard
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Liaise with customers via telephone, email, face to face and internet orders
· Must have excellent selling skills to maximise the sales potential of incoming enquiries
· Confidently converse with clients and customers about performance upgrades and modifications
· Answer technical enquiries in a timely manner. Technical training & ongoing support provided
· Deliver high standards of customer service and creating an effective first impression
· Work individually and as a member of a team
· Occasionally handle goods, wrapping, packing and dispatching including processing returns
· Checking stock availability
· Follow the correct controls and measures which are in place to support the correct part being supplied the first time
· Assist with our annual stock take
· Taking customers payments
You must be a resident in the UK at the time of this advertisement and hold any necessary paperwork including full driving licence. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you feel you meet the requirements of this position, please apply with your CV and current or expected salary.