M J Tech Limited are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic gearbox build technician to join our team based in Bicester.
We provide a unique facility offering restoration and race car preparation. With 42 years of experience in motorsport and engineering.
Ideally you will have at least 3 years gearbox build experience working with race cars.
Experience and Skills
· 3 years gearbox build experience in WRC, F1, F2, WTC or LMP.
· Experience in building Xtrac and Hewland gearboxes.
· Able to work with engineering drawings and manuals.
· Able to use and understand measuring equipment.
· NDT testing in DPI and MPI experience is desirable but not essential.
· Excellent computer, administrative and communication skills.
· The ability to use your own initiative.
· Have excellent attention to detail.
· Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a small professional team.
· Flexible approach to working, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Gearbox rebuild.
· Producing shortage lists.
· Able to set up bevel gears and CWP’s.
· NDT testing in DPI and MPI.
This position is factory based in Bicester, but you may be required to attend events, often outside of normal working hours at various locations across the UK and worldwide.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and want to further your career within a highly respected professional team then please contact us with your CV, cover letter, salary expectations and current notice period.