Responsible for the sourcing, negotiating and procurement of goods and services to support MSVO motorsport constructor activites to ensure that project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery. These activites will be undertaken in conjunction with development and maintenance of a project Bills-of- Materials, including the implementation of engineering change management. Good knowledge of US motorsport component supplier landscape is essential for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES && RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to support Multimatic Motorsport Constructor projects
2. Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules to support the customer demand of the parts business
3. Create and maintain Bills-of-Materials deriving from the engineering BOM, particularly in relation to the execeution of the purchasing requirements
4. Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant engineering and program departments
5. Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
6. Identify and evaluate supply chain risk whilst developing robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
7. Prepare reports and updates as and when required
8. Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
9. Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
10. Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
11. Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
12. Conduct research for new components and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
13. Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
14. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
15. Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
16. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
No direct supervisory responsibilities, but carries out appropriate leadership / project management responsibilities.
1. Minimum 3 years working in a procurement environment within the motorsport sector
2. Good knowledge of the constituent components of race cars and the associated manufacturing technologies of such components.
3. Minimum college education required.
4. Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
5. Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities
Office environment; 15% travel required to customer offices, production locations, supplier production locations, etc. While working in production environments, the colleague may be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.