• Testing of e-machines from early prototypes to the finished racing system
• Planning and implementation of test scopes with a focus on e-machines at component level, at HV system level (ERS) and in the drive system with combustion engine (power unit)
•Evaluation of test scopes including documentation and presentation of the results
• Incorporation of test results into the design, development and quality processes for the optimization and further development of the e-machine
• Application of electric drives in cooperation with the software development
• Optimization of test processes in cooperation with the test field
• Support and Coordination of external service providers
• Technical studies in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics or a comparable course of study
• Several years of professional experience in drive testing (if possible of electric drive components)
• Experience in handling test benches for drive components
• Good knowledge in handling tools for data analysis (e.g. ATLAS)
• Basic knowledge of using tools for the application (e.g. System Monitor)
• Fluency in German or English and the willingness to learn basic knowledge of the other language are prerequisites
• Experience in dealing with high voltage, ideally training as an EFK
• Strength in implementation , as well as a high degree of motivation and initiative
• Strong team skills
• Goal-oriented, independent and structured way of working
• Ability to make decisions and resolve conflicts
• Experience in working with international companies
• Experience in the field of motor sports is an advantage
Would you like to help shape the future of motorsport? Then you've come to the right place at Audi Formula Racing GmbH! In 2026, Audi will enter the most demanding motorsport series: Formula 1. It is both a global stage and a high-tech development laboratory. Our aim is to operate sustainable racing at the highest level in the premier class of motorsport - in terms of sport and technology. The new technical regulations, which will apply from 2026, are based on greater electrification and sustainable fuel. With Vorsprung durch Technik we want to inspire our customers and fans worldwide.
In the field of e-traction machine development, you will work on the key component of high-performance electric drives and make your contribution to competitiveness in a highly competitive environment. By testing at component and system level, you ensure the validation and continuous development of our e-drive components for high-performance motorsport applications.
The combination of high performance and competition drives innovation and technology transfer. Face the challenge in the pinnacle of motorsport and become part of an ambitious team. Together we are actively shaping future technologies at Audi and the transformation of Formula 1!
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand's entry into Formula 1. From 2026, the four rings will compete with a specially developed drive unit (“Power Unit”) and a works team in the globally popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship. In the future, the program will form the spearhead of Audi's factory motorsport commitment.
The power unit is developed in Audi Sport's state-of-the-art Motorsport Competence Center in Neuburg an der Donau, not far from the headquarters of AUDI AG in Ingolstadt. Opened in 2014, the location is considered one of the most modern of its kind and is currently undergoing extensive expansion for the F1 commitment. This is the first Formula 1 drive in Germany since 2009. The decisive factor here is the new regulations of the International Automobile Association FIA, which, among other things, provide for sustainable synthetic fuels from 2026 and will increase the electrical proportion of the hybrid drive unit to almost 50 percent. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Globally known, highly emotional and technically highly developed - Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the most demanding electrified racing vehicles in the world. Audi is taking up the challenge of proving “Vorsprung durch Technik” in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis for this is the diverse know-how from motorsport commitments such as Formula E, the Dakar Rally or the Le Mans era. Become part of the unique project in the premier class of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter in its motorsport history.
Audi joins Formula 1
These positions are to be filled at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg ad Donau.
Please note that these are not positions at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, are actively committed to inclusion and create an environment that promotes the individuality of every person in the company's interest.
The AFR team will answer your questions by sending an email to email@example.com