2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Media/Video Production Internship
Job Description Overview:
Red Bull Global Rallycross is looking for the next ambitious team player to join our amazing team. Over the last years, our company has grown and even though we are still considered a smaller company, we are leading the way in the motorsports industry.
In 2018, we are looking to help launch the career of the next great motorsports videographer with full access to race events, driver interviews, and behind the scenes content. Our media/video production internship will provide a talented and motivated candidate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications with hands-on coaching and direction, resulting in a number of portfolio-quality pieces.
Desired Skills/ Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Performance to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Event production experience a plus
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in video editing software, such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and both influencing and taking creative direction
- Report to the Media Director and Chief Marketing Officer
- Work with Media Director to determine video projects for upcoming weekend, including live streams, video features for jumbotron and social media, and delivery dates (mix of time sensitive and evergreen content, including all race classes)
- Strategize action camera placement on track during Supercar final
- As season continues, post-race responsibilities from previous race will carry over to next event
- Arrive on setup day to capture interviews with competitors and live stream paddock walk with Media Director/pit reporter
- In cases where an off-site event (such as a parade, meet-and-greet, or karting event) occurs, head to event and capture footage and interviews
- Deliver at least one video feature to Media Director by the end of setup day
Practice and Qualifying
- On practice/qualifying day, capture additional interviews with competitors with Media Director/pit reporter
- During practice, capture on-track footage to use as B-roll for video features
- During qualifying, live stream sessions with Media Director/pit reporter
- Deliver at least one video feature to Media Director by the end of practice/qualifying day
- At start of race day, deliver hard drive to TV truck to collect race footage
- During heats, semifinals, driver intros and Lites final, capture on-track footage
- Before Supercar final, place action cameras on racetrack, then on cars (if there’s time), and compile list of numbers/locations
- During Supercar final, capture on-track footage
- After Supercar final, stream post-race ceremonies from podium
- After post-race ceremonies, collect action cameras from track and cars and hard drive from TV truck, and deliver hard drive to Media Director
- Deliver all remaining video features to Media Director as soon as they are finished
- Work with race teams in all race classes to collect action camera footage from their cameras
- Label and file all footage on series Dropbox account
- Assemble action camera-only recap clip for deployment on social media
- Cut ~5 second clips of highlights captured during weekend and convert to GIFs for social media
Requirements of the Position:
- Because the position requires extensive videography commitments, applicants must have a computer with video editing software and a video camera capable of filming in at least 1080p. Action cameras (such as GoPro or equivalent) will be provided by the series.
- The position is a traveling position requiring extensive travel throughout the year, and may require international travel.
- The position requires working hours outside a normal 9 to 5 working environment. Early mornings and late nights are the norm on event weekends. Weekend work is routine to the position.
- This position must maintain a strong professional working relationship with each vendor, while keeping a certain professional distance.
- Discretion, confidentiality, poise in pressure situations, ability to maintain proprietary information, stamina and a sense of humor are hallmark traits of a successful Red Bull Global Rallycross team member.
On-site Time Commitments (in BOLD):
All interns must be available for the dates listed below in BOLD.
*Intern on-site dates are subject to change and will be finalized closer to the event date.
2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Schedule
Round 1: April 20-21 On-site: Wednesday, April 18 – Sunday, April 22
Rounds 2&3: May 19-20 On-site: Thursday, May 17 – Monday, May 21
Rounds 4&5: June 9-10 On-site: Thursday, June 7 – Monday, June 11
Rounds 6&7: June 23-24 On-site: Thursday, June 21 – Monday, June 25
Rounds 8&9: August 11-12 On-site: Thursday, August 9 – Monday, August 13
Round 10: August 25-26 On-site: Thursday, August 23 – Monday, August 27
Round 11: September 15-16 On-site: Thursday, September 13 – Monday, September 17
Round 12: October 19-20 On-site: Thursday, October 18 – Monday, October 22
*Schedule is subject to change. Specific locations will be announced at a later date.
- The position is an unpaid position
- Red Bull GRC will provide all related travel expenses
- Interns are required to share a hotel room
How to Apply:
For any interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter. Please indicate which internship(s) you are applying for.