2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Internship Program
Marketing & Event Production Intern (In Office)
Dates: March – October/November
Hours: Part-time, 2-3 days per week, 10AM – 3PM
Location: Red Bull Global Rallycross Headquarters 17383 Sunset Blvd. A220 Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Compensation: Non-Paid Internship, may apply towards college credit
Other: Parking will be provided to intern; Intern must provide laptop for use during the internship dates.
Job Description Overview
Red Bull Global Rallycross is looking for the next ambitious team player to join our amazing team. Over the last years, our company has grown and even though we are still considered a smaller company, we are leading the way in the motorsports industry.
Intern will work closely with the Red Bull Global Rallycross team to learn about the business of a global motorsports series. Interns will assist in every department of Red Bull Global Rallycross, which include marketing, promotions, client services, team services, completion, event production and office administration.
Desired Skills/ Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Prior marketing experience or education (not required, but preferred)
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of marketing, promotional and grassroots initiatives
- Develop marketing and promotional campaigns with sponsors, local business units, city connections, and retail partners to drive awareness of events
- Track digital and traditional marketing campaigns throughout the season
- Provide frequent updates and recaps of marketing activities to ensure proper implementation and success of campaigns
- Create and manage at event surveys with the goal to increase e-newsletters database numbers and capture relevant data for the series
- Support the fulfillment of sponsorship deliverables and help implement sponsorship contracts
- Plan and create unique grassroots marketing initiatives with the goal to distribute promotional materials and drive brand awareness
- Provide support on the development and creation of marketing collateral and messaging efforts
- Outreach to military organizations and schools in each race market
- Learn online ticket sales process and system
- Help to create team, partner and vendor info packets prior to race day
- Support in the tracking and reporting of team documents and contracts
- Administrative assistance which may include operating the front desk, greeting guests, shipping, answering phones, scheduling conference rooms, etc.
Requirements of the Position
- Report to the Marketing & Event Production Manager, VP of Production & Operations and Chief Marketing Officer
- Discretion, confidentiality, poise in pressure situations, ability to maintain proprietary information, stamina and a sense of humor are hallmark traits of a successful team member.
How to Apply?
For any interested applicants, please send resume and indicate which internship(s) you are applying for.