DS Penske is looking for a Lead Tyre Performance Engineer.
An opportunity to make a considerable impact within the senior leadership group of one of the leading Formula E teams.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Direct a group of highly skilled Engineers as they develop and maintain high-level tyre models.
- Facilitate engineers to strongly contribute to future car design and simulation tool development through disseminating advanced tyre and vehicle dynamic knowledge into the wider team.
- Design tyre-specific test projects and trackside programs with the objective of building further tyre understanding and modelling accuracy which will directly contribute to improved car performance.
- Develop pre-event tyre studies which give setup direction and advises on best tyre preparation for specific track conditions.
- Work closely with the Race Drivers and Engineers to ensure that driving technique, setup and outlap approach are sympathetic to achieving best tyre operating window as often as possible.
- Work closely with the Race Engineering and Strategy groups to formulate race weekend approach that optimises tyre usage in practice, qualifying and race sessions.
- Ensure that the Tyre group composes accurate written analysis of tyre project and test/race tyre findings.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A robust technical background in Tyre Construction, Compound Chemistry and Vehicle Dynamics.
- A good understanding of race car events preferably with previous experience of engineering race vehicles.
- Experience of developing higher fidelity and physical tyre models.
- Experience of coding and tuning tyre thermal models.
- Strong experience and knowledge of working with Matlab/Simulink to deliver tyre or vehicle models.
- Used to working to own initiative.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.