R53 engineering, a leading motorsport company operating at high level motorsport (GT Racing, Formula E, WRC,…), is searching for a lead suspension designer to manage the design and R&D activities.
If you have got good mechanical and engineering knowledge with excellent attention to detail as well as a motivation for self development and wishes to work on suspension system for top motorsport and high performance vehicles, then we have the opportunity for you.
The role involves:
· Lead new Damper design and drawings suitable for production
· R&D activities
· Manage design engineers
· Conceptual and detailed design of suspension/damper components and systems
· Follow up from design to prototype build
· Operation of damper dyno for R&D activities
· Fixtures, tooling and rig design
· Production of manuals
· BOM generation and maintenance
The ideal candidate should have:
· Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar
· CATIA, Solidworks or similar 3D CAD system experience required
· Familiarity with analyzing data using Excel.
· Ability to use CAD system based FEA and Kinematics tools
· Damper design experience preferred but not essential
· Motorsport experience preferred but not essential
· Good mechanical and engineering skills
· Good fluid dynamics knowledge
· Electro-hydraulic and mechanical knowledge preferred but not essential
· Self motivated and organized person.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Passion for motorsport
R53 is based in Warwick, the heart of the motorsport valley. The role would suit a self-motivated team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude. A flexible approach to working hours is required. If interested please apply with your CV and covering letter.