Position: IT Support Technician – Race Team
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Date issued: August 2017
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
- Reports to IT Operations Manager. The IT Support Technician is responsible for end user support to the NEXT EV Formula E race team
- Extensive, worldwide travel is expected for this position.
Principle duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to users at trackside and fixed site locations in the UK.
- Maintain communication lines with Group IT in China, USA and Germany. Occasional travel may be required to these sites outside of the Trackside support requirement.
- Support Group IT in the administration of the Nextev NIO UK Office 365 environment, including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, backup/archive and software licensing.
- Support and administer Windows based services such as Active Directory, File Permissions, Windows Updates, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Support and administer Mac based services, including SMB.
- Support specialised engineering tools including MAT software suite, MATLAB, Simulink.
- Utilize end point management and security tools, monitoring systems and machine imaging software.
- Process starters and leavers, including hardware, software, licensing, inductions, archiving and permissions.
- Support trackside intercom system alongside 3rd party supplier.
- Support factory voice systems.
- Support user mobile phone systems.
- Assist with the maintenance of assets, using management tools.
- Assist with delivery and maintenance of trackside backup and disaster recovery tools.
- Ensure up to date documentation and accurate reporting as required.
- Adhere to all IT governance, Health & Safety and wider business processes.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Operations Manager.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. Typically, 2 – 3 years’ experience in the IT field. Exposure to or a keen interest in motor racing would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skill at all levels including strong grammar, spelling and proof reading skills
- A self-starter with high levels of self-management & drive
- Positive and flexible attitude towards work
- Must be flexible in approach
- Demonstrates alignment to our Company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action; someone who respects and works well with others
- Insight into Chinese culture (plus language skills) not essential but desirable
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive worldwide travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- This position may require lifting up to 25 kilos, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast- paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.