Head of Vehicle Performance Group
Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014
Mahindra Racing Formula E team has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, proven engineering leader to join the team as Head of Vehicle Performance Group (VPG).
Reporting to the Performance Director, the successful candidate will have a profound impact on the direction and development of all simulation and vehicle science activities within the team.
- Primary responsibility for the continuous development and optimisation of chassis, tyre, energy and strategy simulation and modelling capabilities.
- Complete ownership of our suite of tools for lap time simulation and vehicle modelling, providing innovative and appropriate methodologies that intensify the group’s ability to increase vehicle performance.
- Effective oversight of the continuous improvement of our driver-in-the-loop facility, working closely with Race Engineering, Systems, Controls and Software teams to maximise race preparation efficacy, on track performance, model correlation accuracy and programme efficiency.
- Actively support the future car development programme in close co-operation with the Technical Director and design department, from conceptualisation of vehicle performance ideas, through to their realisation and on track validation.
- Provide a holistic approach to performance development that differentiates us from our competitors through targeted simulation, analysis and physical vehicle and component testing.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- A knowledgeable, confident, and perceptive engineering leader, able to motivate, support and challenge a diverse group of talented engineers within the Vehicle Performance Group
- A masterful communicator, able to break down complex chassis and control problems into digestible, understandable, and more easily actionable tasks.
- Efficient project planner with demonstrable ability to deliver game-changing technology at the leading edge of motorsport
- A deep understanding of motorsport vehicle simulation techniques, underpinned with a strong grasp of fundamental engineering physics.
- Innate passion for driving a team to succeed in their championship goals
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team & peers
- Personal flexibility to work hours as required including from time to time working in weekends
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.