Disciplinary and technical management of the MGU-K development department for the Audi Formula 1 Power Unit.
You and your department are responsible for the development of the electric drive (MGU-K) from the concept to the fully developed MGU-K including all manufacturing and assembly technologies as well as testing the MGU-K on the corresponding state of the art test benches.
As a manager, you are also responsible for all personnel issues in the department, the organization of the department, capacity and schedules, budget limits, the maintenance of the management systems as well as the process and interface agreements. Strategically, you primarily support the area of ERS development (Energy Recovery System), as well as areas of technical development (CTO area) in planning and aligning activities.
• You have completed a technical degree in one of the areas such as electrical engineering, drive technology, mechatronics or similar.
• You have professional experience in a comparable position in motorsport and have gained management experience, ideally in F1.
• You have very good and implementation-oriented specialist knowledge in the areas of electrical drives, magnetics, thermodynamics and mechanics.
• You master the coordination of complex, technically networked tasks and projects.
• You have an analytical, well-structured, results- and quality-oriented way of working.
• You know how to inspire and lead a committed team in an ambitious environment. You also have a confident and engaging demeanor with a hands-on mentality and a high degree of decision-making power, discipline, willingness to perform, initiative and team spirit.
• Fluent German or English skills as well as the willingness to learn basic knowledge of the other language are required.
Would you like to experience performance and help shape the future of motorsport? Then you are right with us. Sportiness is one of the core characteristics of the Audi brand; the genes for it come, among other things, from more than 25 years of successful motorsport. The goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH is to practice sustainable racing worldwide at the highest level and to impressively present the brand's performance to customers and fans.
Take advantage of the opportunity and influence our future sporting successes.
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand's entry into Formula 1. From 2026, the Four Rings will compete in the globally popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship with a specially developed drive unit (“Power Unit”) and a factory team. The program will form the spearhead of Audi's factory motorsport commitment in the future.
The Power Unit is being developed in Audi Sport's state-of-the-art Motorsport Competence Center in Neuburg an der Donau, not far from AUDI AG's headquarters in Ingolstadt. The location, which opened in 2014, is considered one of the most modern of its kind and is currently being extensively expanded for F1 engagement. This is the first time a Formula 1 drive has been built in Germany since 2009. The decisive factor here is the new regulations of the International Automobile Association FIA, which, among other things, provide for sustainable synthetic fuels from 2026 and increase the electric share of the hybrid drive unit to almost 50 percent. Audi would like to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Globally known, highly emotional and technically sophisticated – Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the most demanding electrified racing vehicles in the world. Audi is taking on the challenge of proving its edge through technology in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis for this is the diverse know-how from motorsport engagements such as Formula E, Dakar Rally or the Le Mans era. Become a part of the unique project in the premier class of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter of its motorsport history.
Audi joins Formula 1
These positions are available at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg ad Donau.
Please note that these are not positions at AUDI AG.
In principle, all positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are part-time
We live diversity, actively promote inclusion and create an environment that promotes the individuality of every person in the interests of the company.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities, whose integration is of particular concern to us.
The AFR team will answer your questions by emailing email@example.com
Please note that we can only consider applications online via our job portal.