- Disciplinary and technical management of the Electrics/Electronics and Embedded Software department for the Audi Formula 1 Power Unit
- You and your department are responsible for:
- As manager, you are also responsible for:
• You have completed a technical degree in one of the areas such as electrical engineering, information technology, computer science or a comparable field.
• You can look back on professional experience in a comparable position and have gained management experience, ideally in motorsport.
• You have very good and implementation-oriented specialist knowledge in the areas of electrics/electronics, vehicle electrical systems and software development.
• You master the coordination of complex, technically networked tasks and projects.
• You have an analytical, well-structured, result- and quality-oriented way of working.
• You know how to inspire and lead a dedicated team in an ambitious environment.
• You have a confident and committed demeanor with a hands-on mentality.
• You exemplify a high degree of decision-making power, discipline, willingness to perform, initiative and team spirit.
• Business fluent German and English skills complete your profile.
Would you like to experience performance and help shape the future of motorsport? Then you are right with us. Sportiness is one of the core characteristics of the Audi brand, the genes for which come from more than 25 years of successfully operated motorsport. The goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH is to operate sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to impressively present the performance of the brand to customers and fans.
Take the chance and influence our future sporting successes.
In view of the new commitment in motorsport to participate in an international racing series, Audi Formula Racing GmbH is building a team to develop a high-performance drive. As head of the electronics and software development department, you will use your key skills to lead an international team in Neuburg ad Donau with framework conditions in which you can actively shape your everyday work. In return, we offer you a strong package of services for maximum flexibility, personal development, respect for your health and, above all, enjoyment of what you do.
From 2026, Audi will compete in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship with a specially developed power unit and a works team. The power unit is developed in Audi Sport's state-of -the-art Motorsport Competence Center in Neuburg an der Donau. This is the first Formula 1 drive in Germany since 2009.
With its entry into the pinnacle of motorsport, Audi is taking on its most challenging task to date when it comes to combining sustainability, innovation and maximum performance in motorsport. The new regulations of the international automobile association FIA, which among other things prescribes sustainable synthetic fuels from 2026 and increases the electrical proportion of the hybrid drive unit to almost 50 percent, are decisive for Audi. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series. The drive unit (power unit) is developed at the Neuburg an der Donau site by more than 300 employees. In the future, the Formula 1 program will be the spearhead of factory motorsport commitments.
For Audi's Formula 1 project, the Audi Formula Racing GmbH founded as a 100% subsidiary of Audi Sport GmbH. We are currently putting together a high-performance team for the development of the power unit. Face the challenge in the premier class of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter in its glorious motorsport history! We are looking for experts, especially in the technical field.
Audi joins Formula 1
These positions are to be filled at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg ad Donau.
Please note that these are not positions at AUDI AG.
In principle, all positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are part-time.
We live diversity, are actively committed to inclusion and create an environment that promotes the individuality of every person in the interests of the company.