Job Role: Harness Technicians - Experienced Motorsport Harness Technicians & Junior more automotive based Wiring Technicians (salaries based on experience)
Location: Lutterworth, Leicestershire (with occasional travel working at customer sites)
Reports To: Workshop Manager
Due to significant growth Hypermotive Wiring Systems are looking for experienced motorsport wiring technicians and junior more automotive based wiring technicians to start asap and join our busy team. If you have experience building motorsport grade harnesses, are familiar with system25 products and processes and want to work in the heart of motorsport valley then we are looking for you.
Our small but highly experienced team enjoy a large variety of work supplying teams in F1, Formula E, GT3, Blancipain, LMP and WRC. We also work on a number of Hypercar and EV projects.
In return we offer very competitive rates of pay, a well equipped facility with all tools provided, generous holiday allowance for full time staff and a fun, flexible work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manufacture of motorsport and automotive electrical harnesses
- Build of LV/HV assemblies and enclosures
- Perform end of line harness test procedures such as continuity, isolation and resistive tests Manage BOM’s and procurement of parts
- Work with our clients to provide onsite support where required
- Harness diagnostics and fault finding
- Interfacing with in house engineering team as required to support harness and electrical system design development.
- Maintain workshop records and drawings
Education and Work Experience Requirements
Min requirement: GCSE/BTEC Diploma or equivalent occupational experience
Must have min 2 years relevant automotive, motorsport or aerospace experience in harness manufacture.
- A good understanding of best working practices
- Ability to manufacture complex wiring harnesses from manufacturing drawings
- A basic understanding of electrical schematics and harness manufacturing drawings
- Be able to work to Hypermotive and/or customers’ codes of practice
- Basic knowledge of common connector systems, wire types and sleeving methods.
- Knowledge of and experience of working to automotive and/or motorsport wiring standards
- Have a professional attitude and ability to talk with clients while working on customer sites
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Raychem system 25 standards and processes
- Experience of working in high end motorsport organisations.
- Electrical or engineering background is an advantage
- Previous experience of harness design/drawing software is welcomed
- Personal attributes:
- Flexible attitude – must be willing to work to customer deadlines which sometimes requires flexible working hours
- Team player – you will be part of an experienced and tight knit team so ability to work with others is a must
- Self-motivated & proactive