MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional creative to join our rapidly expanding in-house marketing team. Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, located permanently in Banbury, UK and is eligible for hybrid working in time. This role offers a unique opportunity to directly enhance the core brand identity and visual communications for one of the fastest growing Formula One teams on the grid.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Creative Services Manager in the design, development and execution of all design assets across the entire organization
- Develop & maintain brand guidelines as a brand ambassador, with the ability to translate team values into inspiring & compelling designs
- Produce marketing/advertising assets that meet business objectives and support the wider brand strategy
- Livery design support, including race car, team apparel, trucks, motorhome, internal stationery, etc
- Race week deliverables, including livery reference documents, VIP itineraries and trackside hospitality requests
- Media / communications support across all marketing and brand communication initiatives, including design templates for PR and cutting-edge digital content
- Design for video such as lower thirds, motion graphic assets
- Service external stakeholders on collaborative sponsor-specific projects including licensed product designs ensuring alignment with core brand values
- Leverage best practices to identify and integrate new creative concepts / design direction (infographics, logo development, livery design, partner activations etc.) against organizational initiatives
- Assist with website management, providing design support and updates as required
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues & external suppliers on projects as necessary
- Create outstanding visuals & designs that inspire & captivate
- Manage all creative content, media & design assets via an online content management system
- Produce digital assets for both e-commerce platforms and physical outlets
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments
- Participate in additional miscellaneous projects and meetings as required.
- Manage any additional responsibilities assigned by the Creative Services Manager or their designee
Education and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communication, or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional design/creative environment.
- Prior experience in sports design is desired, but not required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- A naturally hard-working character with an all-in attitude, someone that enjoys going the extra mile to ensure creative excellence
- Enthusiasm and passion for all things design, with accuracy and an eye for detail
- Natural flair and understanding of layout, balance and fundamental design processes
- A good understanding in the principles of colour science
- Excellent layout, typography and image retouching/manipulation skills
- Competent in pen-tooling and layer masking
- Understanding of brand, visual communication techniques including identity design
- Strong understanding of print, venue dressing and large format graphic design
- Digital design capabilities and understanding of design for web
- Good understanding of video resolution, formats and technical specs
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, techniques and procedures
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional time management skills who plans and delivers with minimal direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and to tight deadlines
- An agile, multi-tasking working style, capable of working on multiple simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal and organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and calmly, often in highly pressured situations
Equipment and Applications:
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite specializing in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Keynote / Microsoft PowerPoint
- Capable of working on both Apple/Mac and PC platforms
Proficiency in the following software applications is desired, but not essential for the role:
- 3D Studio Max, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
Work Environment Physical Demands:
Typically works in an office environment. Some stress may occur when tight deadlines are being navigated. Open and willing to work additional hours as required.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.