Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our Kannapolis, NC location and have an exciting position available in our Accounting department. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity to make a substantial impact within a small team. We are looking for a team-oriented, experiencedGlobal Controller.
About Haas F1 Team
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. Haas F1 Team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, Haas F1 Team is in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. We have proven to be competitive within our first three seasons with a uniquely-designed team, quickly demonstrating our desire to win!
The Global Controller is responsible for managing the consolidation and oversight of financial reporting for Haas Formula LLC. Will be responsible for working with Haas Formula LLC locations to ensure financial statements are reported in compliance with US GAAP, oversee the monthly close process and ensure adequate internal control policies are in place. Will drive company initiatives and best practices across business units to ensure a healthy and compliant organization. Responsible for completing financial analysis of business reporting and trends and oversee management reporting to enable Haas Formula LLC to meet or exceed our strategic goals and objectives. In addition, this position will be responsible for cash and risk management functions. The controller will be the primary interface with Haas Automation Corporate finance on tax related matters.
The Global Controller reports to the CFO and is located in Kannapolis, NC requiring up to 10% international travel. The position requires communication globally with Team Principal, Managers, Engineering and work teams in the UK and Italy.
- Manage department personnel from recruitment, on-boarding, employee engagement through to separation.
- Mentor, train and guide personnel as required. Develop staff using effective performance reviews and development plans.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Responsible for establishing standard operating procedures and budgets to maintain a practical yet functional department.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the CFO or his designee.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides GAAP and internal control compliance policies & guidance globally.
- Manages monthly closing and financial reporting process per Haas Formula LLC requirements, including quarterly and annual tax supplemental reporting.
- Lead the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for the Global Organization.
- Prepares annual corporate income tax compliance information in conjunction with external advisers
- Leads annual transfer pricing updates.
- Completes financial analysis of business unit performance and trends along with preparation of monthly financial review package and other ad-hoc financial reports.
- Builds continuous improvement and lean initiatives into the financial area.
- Ensures timely completion of monthly reconciliation of all key balance sheet accounts.
- Researches and stays current on financial trends and best practices, proactively recommends areas for improvement or risk avoidance.
- Documents and maintains processes and workflows within Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Coordinates data interfaces with external partners (Banks, Payroll Services, etc.)
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards
- Other duties as assigned by CFO.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, graduate degree a plus
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in accounting, preferably manufacturing accounting experience
- Minimum three (3) years managing personnel
- Experience with financial reporting, tax reporting, budget planning and forecasting, preferably in publicly traded company
- Experience managing the controller function across multiple business units
- Experience implementing best practices and strategic initiatives through business unit controllers
- Experience setting and achieving department goals and objectives tied to company strategic goals
- Experience in a global environment strongly preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong internal controls knowledge & skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills to keep timelines and meets deadlines
- Ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communicator including facilitation, verbal, and written skills
- US GAAP knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Extensive knowledge of financial statement presentation and accounting systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge on accounting software and its reporting capabilities, including presenting informative and time sensitive information to senior management.
- Ability to synthesize complex and/or diverse information, and analyze and research data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct self in a professional manner
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills and be able to manage multiple priorities in a stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products, organization skills, oral and written communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
- Global Strategic Mindset: Has strategic vision, possesses long term focus, creates breakthrough strategies to alter competitive dynamics in the market and establishes a series of competitive advantages yielding profitability that exceeds expectations of the organization.
- Customer Value & Market Focus: Knows and understands the global market and global manufacturing best practices. Ensures superior value delivered to customers/markets.
- Results-Driven: Produces results that meet or exceed standards of performance.
- Strong Business Acumen & Sound Judgment: Uses instinct and data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely decisions.
- Builds & Manages Collaborative Relationships: Establishes and nurtures relationships to meet and exceed the expectations of key stakeholders and constituencies.
- Motivates & Inspires: Creates and drives change and encourages others to join in; recognizes and utilizes potential of all employees
- Self-Awareness & Personal Development: Develops self-awareness. Seeks and accepts feedback, understands and maximizes strengths while developing new areas.
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, Internationally
- General office environment.
- No special physical demands required.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced International environment
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.