2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Internship Program
Event Production Intern (On-site at Events)
Job Description Overview:
Red Bull Global Rallycross is looking for the next ambitious team player to join our amazing team. Over the last years, our company has grown and even though we are still considered a smaller company, we are leading the way in the motorsports industry.
Desired Skills/ Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Event production experience a plus
- Team Player, Positive Attitude
Report to the VP of Operations on Site and Event Production & Marketing Manger
- Setup and breakdown of Red Bull GRC Hauler, Race Control, Ticket & Credentials Booth, Merchandise Booth, Information Booth, VIP Club, etc.
- Venue and track signage support
- Keeping areas clean and taking out the trash in areas that are not done by janitorial staff
- Filling coolers with water and ice; distributing around property
- Manage all errand running, shopping lists, etc.
Ticketing & Credentials
- Assist with ticket booth logistics as needed (staffing booth, selling tickets, scanning at gates, etc.)
- Inventory of all merchandise from series, partners, teams and drivers
- Provide input on types of merchandise that should be sold, are selling and appropriate pricepoints.
- Assist with selling merchandise on-site using iPads and Square system
- Assist with backend setup of Square; inputing merchandise items
- Pickup merchandise from key partners and shipping locations
Media Ride Alongs
- Assist with media check in process
- Displayment of fire suits, helments and neck restraints that will be worn by media and sponsors during these rides
- Assist media and sponsors gear up for their ride
Driver Introductions & Podium Ceremonies
- Assist with transportation of drivers, national anthem singers, honor guards and special guests
- Assist with audio testing and logistics
- Setup and manage supply list for presentations
- Assistance with the overall setup and coordination of special events (i.e. autograph sessions, parades,charity events, car shows, awards celebration, etc.)
- Support of competition related activities (i.e. pregrid, media rides, race control, etc.)
- Assist with airport shuttles to and from venue and hotels
- Shuttle VIP guests and sponsor
- Assist with any hotel, car rental and airline bookings
- Pickup and deliver all meals to designated staff, vendors and volunteers on-site
- Keep all catering areas clean
- Assist the Volunteer Manager throughout the weekend
- Attend Volunteer Meetings
- Assist with answering questions, providing uniforms, staging and rotating volunteers around property,etc.
Requirements of the Position:
- The position is a traveling position requiring extensive travel throughout the year
- The position requires working hours outside a normal 9 to 5 working environment. Early mornings and late nights are the norm on event weekends. Weekend work is routine to the position.
- This position must maintain a strong professional working relationship with each vendor, while keeping a certain professional distance.
- Discretion, confidentiality, poise in pressure situations, ability to maintain proprietary information, stamina and asense of humor are hallmark traits of a successful Red Bull Global Rallycross team member.
On-site Time Commitments (in BOLD):
All interns must be available for the dates listed below in BOLD
*Intern on-site dates are subject to change and will be finalized closer to the event date.
2018 Red Bull Global Rallycross Schedule
Round 1: April 20-21 On-site: Tuesday, April 17 – Tuesday, April 24
Rounds 2&3: May 19-20 On-site: Tuesday, May 15 – Tuesday, May 24
Rounds 4&5: June 9-10 On-site: Tuesday, June 5 – Tuesday, June 12
Rounds 6&7: June 23-24 On-site: Tuesday, June 19 – Tuesday, June 19
Rounds 8&9: August 11-12 On-site: Tuesday, Auguest 7 – Tuesday, August 14
Round 10: August 25-26 On-site: Tuesday, August 21 – Tuesday, August 28
Round 11: September 15-16 On-site: Tuesday, September 11 – Tuesday, September 18
Round 12: October 19-20 On-site: Tuesday, October 16 – Tuesday, October 23
*Schedule is subjust to change. Specific locations will be announced at a later date.
- The position is an unpaid position
- Red Bull GRC will provide all related travel expenses
- Interns are required to share a hotel room
How to Apply?
For any interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter. Please indicate which internship(s) you are applying for.