Prodrive is one of the world's leading motorsport business. For more than 30 years, we have been running race and rallying programs for some of the biggest names in the sport, including Aston Martin, Subaru, Ford, Porsche, Honda, BMW and MINI. At the same time, we provide race and rally cars for private teams.
We are recruiting an Engine Development & Trackside Engineer to be part of the Prodrive engine development team to assist in the development and calibration of race and niche road engines and engine components. This includes engine auxiliary systems, chain drive systems, valve train components, oil systems, induction & turbo systems, exhaust systems and engine calibration on multiple platforms in line with engine performance and durability targets set by the Chief Engineer and relevant regulations.
- Engine dyno tests for performance development, durability testing, calibration, and production engine signoff.
- Torsional vibration studies using high-speed loggers and analysis software.
- General development of engine systems such as oil systems, cooling systems, exhaust and inlet systems. Turbo systems.
- Valve train dynamic studies using rig testing / high-speed loggers.
- Organise other development tests including airflow rigs etc.
To be successful in this role, you should have proven experience in race engine calibration on test cells and in cars. Also, experience in base engine development within a respected high-end organisation. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
You will have the following key attributes and skills:
What can we offer you?
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.