Over its long history, Swiftune has firmly established itself as the leading A-Series race engine builder. Since 1965 our engines have been powering Minis to championship and race wins on a national and international stage.
It’s an exciting time for Swiftune, having moved to a brand new, bespoke built facility in 2017, we are now looking for the right person to expand our small and highly skilled team.
We require a professional, experienced engine builder with excellent attention to detail and a passion for winning!
This is a full time, permanent position based in our fantastic, newly built premises in the idyllic Kent countryside. The candidate will be given their own workspace in our spacious, bright, LED lit engine building room. With System Store Solutions workbenches and storage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a race/competition engine builder
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team on all aspects of a new build process, as well as routine rebuilds. Including Mini gearbox preparation and assembly.
- Experience in basic machining (honing, skimming, balancing, crack testing etc.) is required.
- Dyno testing experience preferred, but not essential.
- To be able to carry out final checks on completed engines, ensuring that all paperwork is appropriately completed.
- Extensive knowledge of the engine components required.
- Full driving license required. Trailer/7.5T preferred but not essential.
- To be an extremely motivated individual with a dedication to completing all tasks to the highest quality.
- The ability to work from own initiative and to show excellent personal workload management skills.
- A passion for the motorsport industry is essential.
- To be able to meet deadlines and thrive in a typically high pressured motorsport environment.
- A flexible approach to working hours and tasks is required. You may also be required to work some race weekends.
Full time permanent position for immediate start.
Salary: £15.00-£19.00 per hour. Depending on experience and skill level.