Based in Alzenau, near Frankfurt in Germany, Hyundai Motorsport GmbH is responsible for Hyundai’s global motorsport activities and primarily for its World Rally Championship program. We are currently seeking for a Dyno Technician who will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of our Engine Dyno test cells.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintain and operate engine test bench including associated equipment (conditioning of air, water and fuel) and instrumentation.
- Operation of the test console in line with dyno procedures.
- Set up production and development engines and instrumentation.
- Daily routine of start up the dyno system, engine warming up, engine control procedure and engine performance checks to prepare the tests.
- Perform measurement tests as directed by test engineer.
- Analyzing data and creating graphs, taking care of the log book.
- Responsible for validation and development testing including combustion analysis.
- Contribute towards the long term development of the dyno facility.
- Reporting of faults and contribution to the resolution of dyno related issues.
- Ensures equipment and workspace is kept clean and safe.
- Programming Test routines and automatized Test runs.
- Take care of data recording and storage of the data files (raw and analyzed).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Motorsport sector.
- Knowledge of MS Office and automatized systems (Morphee & Puma).
- Familiarity of working with engine management softwares and combustion analyzer systems.
- Fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory.
- Previous experience on working with engine test benches is an advantage.
- You complete tasks with minimal guidance and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Show you can be part of a team and create a motivating environment.