Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
As an embedded electronics developer, you will design electronic circuits for the control units of our Formula 1 power unit and its development environment.
- Development of embedded electronics systems for Arm Cortex MCUs/MPUs (circuit design and layout)
- Design of analog and digital sensor interfaces
- Design of distributed systems/architectures
- Cooperation with software development on the specification and commissioning of MPU/MCU systems
- Development of software/drivers (bare metal / RTOS) for MCU systems
- Commissioning of / troubleshooting in in-house and external hardware components
- Setup of prototypes in the in-house hardware laboratory
- Creation of documentation and manufacturing documents
- Technical or scientific degree (master’s/bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, or a comparable course of studies)
- Experience with ECAD software, especially Altium® Designer
- Sound knowledge of programming microcontrollers in C and using embedded real-time operating systems, e.g. FreeRTOS®, embOS®, …
- Confident user of measuring technology in the embedded environment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol decoders)
- Practical knowledge of electronics manufacturing (soldering, rework)
- Experience with model-based development under MATLAB®/Simulink® is an advantage
- Excellent analytical, systematic, and independent way of working and ability to work in a team
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
This position is available immediately at Audi Formula Racing GmbH (neue Tochtergesellschaft) in Neuburg a. d. Donau. Generally all positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH can be filled on a part-time basis. Applications must be submitted in electronic form via our job portal.
We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.