R53 engineering, a leading motorsport company operating at high level motorsport (GT Racing, Formula E, WRC…), is searching for a suspension designer for the engineering department.
If you have got good mechanical and engineering knowledge with excellent attention to detail as well as a motivation for self development and wish to work on suspension system for top motorsport and high performance vehicles, then we have the opportunity for you.
The role involves:
- New Damper design and drawings suitable for production
- Conceptual and detailed design of suspension/damper components and systems
- Follow up from design to prototype build
- Operation of damper dyno for R&D activities
- Fixtures, tooling and rig design
- R&D support activities
- Production of manuals
- BOM generation and maintenance
The ideal candidate should have:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar
- CATIA, Solidworks or similar 3D CAD system experience required
- Familiarity with analyzing data using Excel.
- Ability to use CAD system based FEA and Kinematics tools
- Damper design experience preferred but not essential
- Motorsport experience preferred but not essential
- Good mechanical and engineering skills
- Good fluid dynamics knowledge
- Electro-hydraulic and mechanical knowledge preferred but not essential
- Self motivated and organized person.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for motorsport
R53 is based in Warwick, the heart of the motorsport valley. The role would suit a self-motivated team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude. A flexible approach to working hours is required.
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV.