At Prodrive we believe there’s no limit to what can be achieved when the brightest minds come together. Joining one focused and driven team, you will challenge boundaries in order to change the game for our customers. We are the world’s leading independent motorsport company and the business behind some of the greatest names and achievements in motorsport over the last 40 years. Our skilled Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers work together every step of the way to design, build and run elite competition cars on the track and off-road across the globe.
We are looking for a Data and Systems Engineer to assist with maintaining reliability and improving performance, supporting operational activities across all our Motorsport Programmes and the development of new data and software systems.
- Data analysis and system-wide commissioning of GT3/GT4 race cars at World Championship level aiming at improving performance and reliability.
- Developing Prodrive motorsport products across all programs and will be expected to proactively assist with all aspects of in-vehicle and supporting (i.e. garage and factory) electronic systems.
- Work closely with Race and Customer Engineers supporting them with engineering tools. (i.e. Reports, data processing, race forecasting), general data and electronic systems related matters, documentation and customer facing technical updates.
- Work closely with workshop production to ensure build spec is adhered to and maintain BOM for electronic components, new vehicle signoff and compliance to championship regulations.
Please note there is a requirement to travel as part of this role.
Who Are We Looking For?
- You will be experienced in IT support and development including, but not limited to;
- General MS Windows support including networking;
- MS Office suite including Excel+VBA; and
- Programming such as; Matlab, Simulink, Python, C appreciated).
- A keen understanding of wiring looms at a system level and an ability to troubleshoot existing looms.
- Strong understanding of various communication protocols such as; CAN, LIN & Ethernet, plus the ability to troubleshoot existing buses and networks.
- Demonstrable experience in motorsport or automotive control units, data loggers and related software.
You will also have:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- An ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and coordination skills;
- An ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work under pressure; and
- Availability to travel supporting multiple events and tests per year.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive salary which will grow in line with your ongoing development and impact
- 25 days holiday (which increases with long service) with an opportunity to purchase up to 15 extra days
- Training opportunities for continuing professional development
- Onsite subsidised staff restaurant
- Car and pension salary sacrifice schemes
- Exercise classes
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Consultations with our Fit 4 Life expert
- Social events throughout the year
- Exclusive company discounts
- Life assurance
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.
Come and make a difference.