Electronics and Controls Team
Mahindra Racing is a motor racing team based in Banbury, United Kingdom, competing with an Indian racing licence. The team is currently competing in the electric FIA Formula E Championship since the inaugural season in 2014
- Support development of the Mahindra on-car control software builds and developments.
- Integrate with the wider engineering group to plan, implement, test and deploy to the track changes to the car control systems code.
- Development of code build, test and sign off tool chain and processes.
- Support code testing using all tools available (HiL, DiL, Dyno and car).
- Assist with all aspects of the car software and associated tools development (HiL/DiL etc.)
- Develop software functions for Mahindra Racing FE race car.
- From requirements documentation through to code implementation, test, calibration and sign off.
- Primarily in Simulink/Stateflow Matlab Scripting and C Code.
- Code will be developed for multiple different on-car ECUs.
- Supporting powertrain partners development team for the integration and control of all powertrain systems.
- Tasks will include small, maintenance tasks through to larger software development items.
- Code test and sign off using HiL, DiL and the test car.
- Providing support and ideas for the development of the race car control systems.
- Event Support:
- Possibility to support during race weekends for control systems from the factory.
- Develop to providing occasional and backup trackside event support.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Embedded, real time software development using Simulink/Stateflow. Experience in embedded C is beneficial.
- Understanding of modelling and simulation and the ability to support maintenance and development of HiL and DiL rig systems.
- An understanding of electronics and wiring would be useful as this role may involve supporting modifications to HiL or DiL rigs (including Vector CAPL).
- PC software covering one or more of excel scripting, VB or C++ or C#.
- Used to working to own initiative
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Works methodically with attention to detail
- Leads by example, can and will motivate his/her team && peers
- Personal flexibility to work hours as required including from time to time working in weekends
- Practical approach by using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect changing business requirements and the job holder may be required to undertake other tasks other than those that are listed that fall reasonably within the scope of the role and grade.
This is a re-listed job, previous applicants need not re-apply.