GTR is a leading composites supplier to high end motorsports, automotive and marine fields. GTR provides full turn-key solutions to these industries, as well as select manufacturing, machining and design services.
Our long-standing history, experience management, engineering capability and workforce have provided us with real work experience, transforming customers’ design visions into composite reality. GTR has a strong focus on production control and quality, with an ethos set deep in lean manufacturing, from purchase, engineering, project management, manufacture, quality, through to final release.
Reporting to the Lead Inspector, the purpose of the role is to ensure that all parts are inspected for quality in a timely manner in order to meet customer demand and to maintain quality.
You will be required to interact with internal departments such as Operations, Production and Project Managers as well as external customers and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a high level of quality standards are implemented and maintained
- To carry out inspections of all composite components and machined parts through proactively engaging with all aspects of the manufacturing process in order to ensure that quality standards and customer requirements are met at all times
- To be responsible for general housekeeping in the Quality/Inspection department
- Flag up all technical issues internally or externally to ensure that they are addressed in a timely manner and that clients and colleagues are kept informed of progress
- Ensure the flow of works is on target for customer deadlines using works orders as a major guideline
- Make sure that quality inspections can be undertaken at any time in accordance with business needs
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe systems of work and the application of health & safety procedures are kept to the highest of standards within the quality department in line with established procedures
- To be involved with and work closely with the Quality Manager with the ongoing maintenance and internal integration of the Quality Management System and to ensure ongoing compliance to AS9100/ISO 9001
- To assist with despatch duties as necessary
- Experience within the Composite and or machining industry with a good understanding of all composites manufacturing procedures and processes is essential for this role.
Knowledge and experience of various inspection equipment and techniques including CMM based operations where possible would be an advantage as well as previous experience using FARO.
Core hours 0800 to 1630 with overtime required as dictated by Team Leader and business needs.