A full time position in a busy race team that will include extensive travel has recently become available.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Assessing damage after each test/free practice/qualifying session and formulating a plan to either get that part repaired or taking the decision to swap to the spare before the next session.
- Controlling the weights of race and spare bodywork by way of a spreadsheet that logs repairs carried out and weight since repair.
- Liaising with the chief mechanic on any new composite parts that need ordering and controlling your own stock levels for carrying out repairs.
- Making sure that all bodywork and aero setup devices are A1 condition before we approach the next event.
We feel the successful candidate will have some or all of the following attributes and experience.
- Varied past experience covering many areas of composite manufacture/trim/assembly and repair.
- A “can do” attitude.
- The ability to think when the pressure is on.
- Creative with a solution when not all the parts have come back from the circuit.
This is a busy role and not for the work shy or faint hearted, if you have a passion for composites and the experience to back that passion with well thought out structurally sound plus aesthetically pleasing repairs then we will back you 100%.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the UK