JOB TITLE: Commercial Engineer
REPORTING TO: Senior Commercial Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
DATE ISSUED: October 2017
Xtrac has become recognised as the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of transmission systems supporting a wide client base covering top level Motorsport and high performance Automotive.
To provide sales and technical support to US customers in order to achieve sales through meeting customer expectations and to enforce Xtrac’s position as a world leader in Motorsports Transmissions.
1. To establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with new and existing customers, at all levels.
2. To process and manage customer orders including leading customer communications.
3. To manage customer projects throughout the business in a co-ordinated, focused, structured and well controlled manner, including:
a. Timely order processing and issue of associated paperwork
b. Co-ordination of engineering and manufacturing involvement via Xtrac project management software.
c. Project timing, with changes cleared documented and communicated
d. Project specification, ensuring what was ordered is delivered
e. Progress reporting on the project
4. To answer customer enquiries.
5. To provide quotations and proposals in a structured and timely manner, following the departmental systems and use of Xtrac ERP system.
6. To provide input to the costing process on pricing, and decide commercial terms with Senior Commercial Engineering Manager.
7. To build and develop relationships internally with other members of the Project Team, in particular Manufacturing Project Managers and Design & Engineering.
8. To liaise with Stores and the Inventory Controller as required to despatch assemblies and components, to include the method of despatch, ensuring that the customer is charged for this service appropriately.
9. To liaise with the Divisional Controller and the Customer to ensure that the account is kept up to date, and within agreed credit limits.
10. To provide to the customer technical documentation to include parts and price lists, manuals, technical bulletins and assembly drawings, where appropriate.
11. To provide event support, as required for key US market sectors which would include track sale generation and race reporting.
12. To proactively pursue generation of leads and subsequent quotations in formula, both for core and complementary product.
13. To attend annual Review Meetings and agree annual objectives and a Personal Development Plan (PDP).
14. To support Xtrac Inc departmental meetings.
15. To support the development of Xtrac Inc & specifically the North Carolina office.
16. To observe the Health and Safety rules at all times.
17. To follow the company quality procedures.
18. To carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications and Training
Skills/Abilities - All Essential
Special Requirements of the role
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have US Citizenship or relevant authorisation to live and work in the US.