D2H is a young and ambitious engineering group, working in motorsport and other sporting and commercial sectors where fast and accurate engineering solutions are required. D2H group services include aerodynamics, design, FEA as well as overall project management.
D2H Aero is the aerodynamic solutions provider, and is responsible for defining, managing and analysing all aerodynamic programs inside the D2H group.
D2H are located in offices in Buckingham, offer a competitive salary along with a stimulating engineering environment, and continuous professional development.
About The Vacancy:
D2H Aero is looking for an exceptional engineer to join our aerodynamic team as a CFD Engineer.
The duties will include:
- Planning, managing, analysing and reporting of development programmes in the CFD environment
- Correlation between track, wind tunnel and CFD data.
- Meshing, setup and post-processing of CFD cases
- Tools and process development for increasing the efficiency of the CFD process
- CAD design of test parts for use in the CFD environment
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- An excellent understanding of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics and their application to solve problems and create innovative engineering solutions
- 2 years of working in a high-end engineering role including experience of planning and running CFD cases, and the associated data analysis and reporting
- Sound knowledge of ANSA, Ansys Fluent, Paraview and Python scripting
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in verbal and written form
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal direction on simultaneous work streams
- The flexibility to integrate themselves across a range of disciplines and within varied client teams
In addition, any of these skills would be advantageous:
- Experience of project management and delivery of targets within defined budgets and timescales
- Experience of scale model wind tunnel testing
- Knowledge and experience of Siemens NX, Catia v5, HyperMesh, Matlab, WinTAX.
- Knowledge and experience of the Linus environment and programming in VB.net
- A business level foreign language
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK